07 May 2014

What's Wrong With Two?

I find myself constantly getting asked when I will another baby. I have two children. Brantley, who's turning 3 in a few weeks and Lena Jo who just turned 5. These kids, are amazing.


See?! Aren't they perfect?! I really hit the jackpot with these two. They sleep well. They behave most of the time. They are funny and silly and really are the best of friends. They are kind and considerate of others. I'm happy. On our best days sure, sometimes I ponder how nice it would be to have a little baby to kiss on. But then I think of all of the reasons why the two I have...complete our family. I love my kids and if I had another one it would be another blessing. But, for us...as of now we are a two kid family and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.
We love to travel, my husband and I. Having two kids makes traveling a breeze and relatively inexpensive. This is one HUGE reason why we don't want to have more. We also really love that our kids are growing up and becoming more independent. The idea of starting all over is pretty scary to say the least. I can't imagine.
There are a plethora of other reasons why we don't want more kids. But what it comes down to is that this is what works for our family. I am so sick of moms being given unsolicited advice about the number of kids or anything regarding parenting. If you only have 1 or 2 kids you need to have one more or if you have 4 or 5 you have too many. This kind of thinking is insane. It is no one's choice but the parent's on how many children to have. Let's stop judging everyone around us and enjoy the life we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment