30 May 2011

She's Perfection

In my eyes as well as my husband's eyes Little Miss is Perfect. She is beautiful in every way. She has curly blonde hair and bright, big blue eyes. She is loving and sweet. She gives hugs and kisses without being asked and loves to laugh and smile. Her smile could light up a room. Her name means "the Bright One" which is exactly what she is. She is the sunshine of our lives and brings joy to anyone who meets her. My love for her is overwhelming and cannot be measured because it is so great.

On Friday I was told that she is not perfect...that she is struggling and behind in her speech. Very behind. She is at a 10 month level in speech. The brightside? She is at a 28 month level in understanding. To me, none of this matters. She is still PERFECT to me and I will do whatever it takes to help her get help. She will now be going to speech therapy twice a week for 30 minutes each time. Friday was her evalutation.

I keep wondering and worrying. I wondering if there is a deeper reason for why my Little Miss has been so delayed. Her blood tests came back normal in everything they tested . The doctor says that we should go forth with speech therapy and bring her back in 2 months to see him and we'll take it from there. I'm a mom and I can't help but worry about her. I often feel guilt wondering if it's my fault which I know I shouldn't do but it's hard not to feel that way. I love Little Miss with every ounce of myself and want nothing but the best for her in life. I just want her to be happy and seeing her get frustrated because she can't communicate with me is so hard. I wish I could just take it all away and make it all better. I am praying for progress in speech therapy and hoping that it's the answer we're looking for...

3 comments:

  1. My sisters little boy who is 2 1/2 started speech therapy a few months ago and now he proudly gets on the phone and says "Hi Sasah! I love you!!" He never said that before! It was so difficult for him to say anything at all and now he's a little chatterbox! I'm sure your adorable baby girl will catch on soon! Her imperfection is what makes her perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the therapy goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you want or need me to call some of those contacts to get you further information. i do not mind. Love you bestie! <3 Little miss is perfect the way God created her!!!

    ReplyDelete