02 July 2010

If You Love Someone, Say It

Photo by Jessica Hedberg 2008. From My husband and I's wedding ceremony.


" If you love someone, say it...otherwise the moment just passes you by"
-My Best Friend's Wedding


That is one of my favorite quotes about love. I was having a conversation with a friend about love and marriage and it made me want to write about my views on it all. Now, call me old fashioned all you want but I really believe in my heart marriage is forever. Divorces are not supposed to happen and I get that they are necessary sometimes but for me...I chose to love my husband forever and I will do just that until the day I die. NOTHING can change that. People make mistakes all the time and when you're married you are supposed to give a chance to your spouse to fix whatever mistake they made and move on. Marriage is all about three things; commitment, trust, & compromise. You COMMIT to love each other and to be honest. You TRUST that the other person has your best interests in mind and will always be there for you, for better or for worse. And you COMPROMISE to make things fair between you two-it's all about give and take. I am certain that those three things are the foundations for a strong and happy marriage. Marriage is not easy by any means. It's something you have to work at, each and every day. All that works pays off at the end of the day when you have the person you love laying next to you in bed with their arms wrapped around you. My husband and I have to work extra hard at our marriage because we only knew each other a very short time before marrying and were both very young but this September I'm proud to say we will be celebrating our two year anniversary. Sadly, he will still be deployed but hopefully he will be back soon after. I love my husband more than anything in the world and even though we are very different I do in my heart believe we are ment to be together and I look forward to the many more years we will share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment