03 October 2012

That Awkward Moment When..

So I need to give you all an update. My husband just left for deployment the other day. On Monday I began working full time with my kids in daycare full time. Right now my kids and I are in the adjustment period. For them it is hard not only having daddy gone but now having mommy be working and them going to school. The past couple days have been rough but they are doing so well and I LOVE my job.

Today was a long day at work and just before I clocked out to go home I had a minute of memory less...I was thinking to myself how excited I was to go home and see my husband...until I remembered he's not here and won't be until next year. I almost lost it. I had to hold back the tears until I got to my car. It was awful. I thought I was okay. I thought I could be strong. It's little moments like what happened today that hurt and that just tear down my strong front. I just pray this time will fly by.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! You are stronger than you realize...I will remind you each and every day until Mr. CombatBoots returns. Mrs. Stilettos, you are amazing. You are strong.

    A prayer I found and am claiming for you and Mr. CombatBoots:

    Prayer for the Families of Our Military

    In the Holy Name of Jesus, I lift up to You, Father, the families of our military. I pray that all will feel Your love and mercy while they are concerned for their loved ones who are away serving our great nation. May they know abundance, being well provided for and well taken care of until their loved ones return home safely. Give them the courage of warriors. May the peace that passes understanding sustain them in seasons of separation. Comfort them with Your Word, that they might have faith to see their sons, daughters, husbands, and wives returned to them in wholeness and safety. Amen.



    Love you, Mrs. Stilettos!

    ReplyDelete