10 February 2012

Stop Complaining

One of my biggest pet peeves is people complaining about their kids. I see this so much on Facebook and hear this constantly when people talk about their kids.

Now let me say first that I get being a parent is hard. I have two kids with a husband who is gone on TDYs all the time. I take care of my kids 90% of the time by myself. I have a 2 year old who is in to everything and an 8 month old who nurses every two hours at night. I KNOW firsthand how hard it can be.

BUT I refuse to ever complain about my kids. I never sleep but guess what I'm not complaining. So many people can't have kids and I am more than thankful I have a baby to keep me up at night. Kids grow up so fast and I cherish every minute bad or good with my kids. Sure, I would love it if my Little Man would sleep through the night but I would never get upset or annoyed because he doesn't. He is just a baby and will only be a baby once...and to be honest I enjoy those sweet moments nursing him in the middle of the night.

I just don't get how so many people act like their kids are burdens. If you didn't want to be up all night or have to clean up after a toddler then you shouldn't have kids. Period.

It just makes me sick the way people complain about their kids. What if your kids grew up and knew you complained about them all the time...that would be awful.

Enjoy your kids and love them at EVERY minute...bad or good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear lord I can't stand this. A "friend" here that we hang out with often complains in front of her 3 year old about how hard and how the kids affect her marriage and how miserable she is everyday bc of her girls. She knows how hard it was for B and I to get pregnant and she has hod nothing but bad things to say and tries to warn me about how awful it will be. The last time she was at my house I kicked her out bc I just couldn't handle it anymore. Her girls are beautiful, she should be so lucky to have them.

    ReplyDelete