31 January 2012

Bragging Rights

Let me start by saying how truly amazing Little Miss is. Sure, she has some delays but she is so very smart. All of her therapists have said how she excels in understanding. As many of you may recall we started potty training a week ago Sunday. By Tuesday both Little Miss and I were frustrated and stressed out so I left her in diapers and decided if she was ready she could take control. I stopped making her sit on the potty and wear undies. Let's call it... 'child led potty training'..

Well it worked. When Little Miss wants to do something she does it and doesn't let anyone or anything stop her. She has such a strong determination and a strong spirit. By tuesday evening she was back in undies per her choice and by wednesday she had went in the potty for the first time! Since then we have had zero accidents. She even used the potty at therapy yesterday. The only time she is wearing diapers is at bedtime and nap time. I am so beyond proud of my girl for being accident free for over a week. She is so amazing!!!!!!

Ya know, as a parent I hate seeing Little miss struggle. I hate that she has so many doctor's appointments and therapy sessions but the truth is she wouldn't be who she is if she didn't have these things. Like I've said a million times before she is perfect just the way she is. She is beautiful and smart and sensitive. She's silly, and goofy, and sometimes overdramatic. She's shy but sweet and so very loving.

I wouldn't change her for the world. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful potty transition! Sounds like one day Little Miss will conquer the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! That's awesome!! We just started the same thing, so we'll see how long I have patience!

    ReplyDelete