When it comes to marriage I've always told people that love is not just a feeling but it's a choice. When you're married you may have disagreements and go through rough patches but you wake up everyday and choose to be happy and to love your spouse.
So having said that I'm not sure why it is so difficult for me to choose to love myself. Tonight I was out on date night with my husband. It took me an hour to decide on something to wear and in the end I still felt unattractive due to my weight. I weigh less than I did before having my kids yet I look bigger. My kids are worth giving up my body for and I know I need to appreciate the fact that I've had two beautiful children in just 3 years. I know I need to love my body. My body created the most perfect children and I need to love it for that.
It is just so hard to see other woman especially mom's who are so skinny and beautiful. Now, I realize I'm not that heavy weighing in at 154 and too small for my size 10 jeans but this is not how I want to look. I am unwilling to except that I can't reach my goals but I know regardless my body will never be the same as it was before.
So in order to learn to love myself and to choose to love myself I want to talk about things I love about myself. So here it is...5 things I love about myself...
1. I'm a good mom. My kids are #1 always. They're health and safety always takes priority.
2. I have made it almost 5 months exclusively breastfeeding my little man. It hasn't always been easy but I pushed through the pain and am glad I did. I am proud of myself and plan to continue until he's a year.
3. I am an extremely empathetic person.
4. I am good at makeup, hair, and anything fashion related.
5. I am a deep person who loves everything and everyone until they give me a reason not to.
Well that was tough...here's to thinking of more things and to choose to love myself!
[If you haven't already, go enter my giveaway! Less than a week left!]