26 March 2010

The Wedding

I just finished reading 'The Wedding' by Nicholas Sparks and boy, what a good read. Really makes you think about your marriage. As I finished the book and saw all the beautiful things he did for his wife it made me wish my husband did even half of the stuff he did. My husband is not romantic in the least and that's hard because I am a hopeless romantic...I'm the spouse who lights candles and plays soft music. I love bubble baths & fancy restaurants, flowers & poetry, wine & chocolate...His idea of romantic is taking me to Outback Steakhouse dressed in jeans. I personally do not think it is hard for a man to plan something nice for his wife or girlfriend. Correct me if I'm wrong but we, as women, are not that hard to please. GUYS: Rent a chick flick or read a romance novel. Heck, even listen to the words of our favorite love song and it is all right there. So easy to figure out what to do...I just wish my husband would do SOMETHING romantic. Anything, really. If he even just brought home flowers I would be thrilled. I have many romantic things planned for him before he deploys, I am just hoping he has maybe one planned too. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment