01 September 2011

Rainbows



I remember back in college my roommate told me a saying that her mom always told her...

"You can't have a rainbow without any rain"

As I was driving home from Target last night my heart was heavy. I felt a tear escape my eye. It was raining and gloomy outside which is exactly how I felt on the inside. As I was dancing in despair I looked up and saw a rainbow. It was beautiful and reassuring. It reminded me that even in the hard times my life is wonderful. I am blessed. The hard times help me to appreciate the good times and they help me grow. Life doesn't go as planned especially in this military life we have chosen. Just when I think I have a handle on things life throws me a curveball and I feel like I'm going to break. BUT I know I can get through it and that I'm stronger than I know. When I look at my life I see the trials I have already been through and it helps me to keep on keeping on and to push through to the end. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if that's your picture or not, but gorgeous rainbow! I love rainbows and they always show up to remind me of how blessed I am.

    ReplyDelete